Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Indian Food!

Tonight I attempted Indian food again. Tonight we had Aloo Gobi, and Eggplant. I also made Samosas for the first time. I thought it would be difficult but it really wasn't too hard. Time consuming, yes, because I also made a pie for sabbath tomorrow. The pie and tonight's dinner are Vegan. I will post a picture of that as well tomorrow since I won't be cooking anything after breakfast. My niece is here tonight and tomorrow as well.
Everyone loved this meal. The kids especially liked the samosas and both kids ate very well. Mini Muffin didn't really want the eggplant, but I'm not sure if she even tasted it.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK which dish is which? I don't know what somosas are, or aloo gobi either. Once again, I want to know how to make them too. I know I could google them or something, but I like YOUR food and I wouldn't know which if any of the googled recipes was the one you used.

    Recipes girl, recipes!

    Thanks,
    Mama

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    The large bowl is the Aloo Gobi, a curry made with cauliflower and potatoes. I added garbanzo beans for Rachel's sake, protein and all. I used soy milk with cornstarch as the base, curry powder and salt as the seasonings. I do not know the measurements tonight because I was hurrying to get it down, but I used about a half of the potato, a can of garbanzos and a third of cauliflower with about 2 cups of soymilk.
    The eggplant is in the small bowl. I sauted a third of a large eggplant and a half of an onion in olive oil. Towards the end I added two green onions and a half cup of vegetarian chicken broth. Then I added about one half cup of coconut milk.
    The Samosas were stuffed with mixed vegies, cauliflower and potatos, steamed and dunked in vegetarian chicken broth. The dough was made of 1 C flour, scant 1/8 C oil and 1/3 C hot water. I made it like pie dough, and cut the dough into approx 2 in circles, made them into cones and then stuffed them. I folded them shut and fried them in a skillet til golden. The large ones were made from 7 in circles cut in half and folded the same style.

    There you have it!

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank-you!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home