Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Pizza again


We eat pizza alot in this house. But we don't feel to bad about it because its usually filled full of vegetables, and coupled with a salad. For us its a nice carb, protein and vegetable meal, with loads of flavor and fun! Mini Muffin loves pizza as well and digs right in! We also have started eating salad more often because I just LOVE raw vegetables and how they taste in a nice tossed salad. Poor DH, he's still trying to get through my vegetable kick!

Today, Mini Muffin even attempted salad and ate a few pieces of lettuce. I was shocked. Then she decided to just eat dressing on her finger....so then she started acting like a normal baby!

Apologies for the poor picture tonight. We had a meeting to go to, woke up late, rushed all day, and I forgot to take a picture until after the pizza was sliced up. But at least you can see what I put on it and get some ideas. I used half whole wheat pastry flour in my crust, half white flour. I used Tillamook brand cheese, a NorthWest favorite with no rennet. In past years, I also used Soya Kaas for my cheese, as it was mainly non-dairy, but it is just too darn expensive right now. Vegetables were mushrooms, onions, green peppers, broccoli, and artichoke hearts. The salad was simple with red leaf lettuce, onions, green peppers, chopped cucumbers, and diced cheese.

Thanks to everyone who has commented! Its very encouraging.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Harmonia said…

    I believe the McDougall's book I posted about was:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0452276969/qid=1140530478/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/002-2018108-6684015?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

    Also, I will link you today! Thanks for commenting!

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi everyone. This is Rebecca's mom. I got to babysit Rachel last night and that means I got into the pizza. Let me tell you, it was good, good, good! Better than anything you can get at a pizzaria! Mmmmm. My daughter is an excellent cook. I taught her a lot, and then my mom helped out, and then she learned a lot more on her own. I love eating at their house because the food is so flavorful!

    I like the picture of the pizza and salad together instead of the whole pizza. It looks almost as good as it tasted!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home