Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Pesto Pizza

Tonight, I wasn't sure what to make. We had leftover pesto, but not enough for a full repeat meal. So I experimented and made pesto pizza. I more or less continued the green theme. I did have the pizza with Pesto and the other half with spaghetti sauce. I then added spinach under the cheese, and zuchinni and onions on top. The salad on the side is standard of course, fresh veggies are almost always in our fridge and I do hate cooking vegetable sides if I don't have to.

Verdict: OH MY! This was the BEST and I mean the BEST spaghetti sauce substitute EVER! I may never make pizza normal again. Ok, I probably will, but you know what I mean. We all loved the pesto side. Mini Muffin ate almost a whole slice, plus a few bites of salad. (I'm happy she loves them but I'll never understand that child and her love for vegetables.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home