Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Eggplant Non-Parm

Everyone is finally well, and rested...

The Muffin Man is fine, but it took us a couple of days to recover from the lack of sleep, the lack of oxygen (in his case), and the extra housework to catch up on. I will post images and descriptions of the meals we ate during the lack of posts little by little.

Tonight we had Eggplant Non-Parmesean. The sides were a nice tossed salad with tomato and cauliflower and homemade bread. DH likes cauliflower in his salad now because it gives the appearance of feta cheese, without the animal products! I made bread for the first time in while, due to a moth infestation. But things really are getting back to normal.

Here's a quick recipe for the eggplant.

1 eggplant sliced 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick.
2 C crackers crumbled
3 TBL seasonings, oregano, basil, garlic, rosemary, etc
2 eggs, beaten
flour

Combine seasonings and cracker crumbs. Dust eggplant slices with flour. Cover with egg and then coat with cracker crumbs. Fry in covered skillet until brown and then flip. Covering the skillet ensures the eggplant gets cooked in the middle. Serve with spaghetti and sauce.

We also had vegetable/fruit juice. I took 11 carrots, 2 granny smith apples, 3 oranges, 1.5 cups of frozen blueberries, and 3 cups of fresh strawberries and ran it through my Champion juicer. I pureed the berries so that the pulp and stuff was in the juice. Made approximately 2 quarts of juice.

Verdict: Mini Muffin didn't eat much eggplant non-parm. I think it was because she stole crackers from her diaper bag aka. my purse! But she ate some tomatoes and bread. She LOVED the bread. DH and I stuffed our poor little bellies so full of food we almost got tummy aches! Mini Muffin also got 1/2 cup of juice and stuffed her little belly full as well! Definately one of my best meals!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yummmmm!
    I should have dropped by for dinner instead of going to Veggie Thai!
    Looks and sounds good!

    Corn Muffin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home