Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Twist on Mexican Pizzas

In an effort to use up enchilada sauce, and stay chametz free, we had Mexican pizzas, with a twist. OK, they were more like enchiladas. Basically, I dipped each corn tortilla into the sauce, and then made my pizzas as normal, with beans in the middle of two tortillas, a small amount of veggies and cheese, then veggies and cheese on top. Then pop it in the oven till the cheese is melted and voila. SUPPER TIME! The leftover beans and rice complimented the meal, with no wasted food. WHOO HOO!

Verdict: Mini Muffin didn't eat any, she was in bed sleeping. Today she took extra naps and even told us when she wanted to go to bed. She'll have some of the leftovers tomorrow, but no guarantees, she hates leftovers. DH and I loved them though! However, they were VERY different from my family's traditional enchiladas, and I probably won't do this twist often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home