Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Chili Rellanos Passover style!

Everyone but the Muffin Mama (me) is sick today. Poor Muffin Man and Mini Muffin. Hence the late posting of last nights meal.

Since I can't use leavening I just breaded the chili's with seasoned matzah meal. MMMM. They came out great! The stuffing is cream cheese mixed with a small amount of chedder cheese. I also made enchilada sauce to go over them.

Beans Melvon and Rice accompanied the meal!

Verdict: Muffin Man hasn't eaten his yet. He slept through supper last night. I have two servings left over to be eaten at lunch today. However, the Corn Muffin (grandma) came over for this meal, finally. (Only finally because we finally invited her LOL). I'll let her post her reaction. Mini Muffin ate beans and rice, and some of the cream cheese. She wasn't thrilled with the chili's tonight. But hey, she's only 18 months. She ate well however. I LOVED the chili's. This was the best ever! Now, I just need to get a cornmeal batter perfected! The matzah meal breading was good, but it just wasn't what you expect on chili rellanos!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was in heaven at this meal!!!
    I am on Weight Watchers and thought this would blow my weekly points. But, Muffin, great cook and daughter she is, baked the chilis! I was shocked at how good they tasted! Yummmmm! Chili Rellenos are my favorite Mexican food. Now I can have them whenever I want them!

    I sure am glad I had Muffing in the kitchen with me since she was just a baby! She is definately a great cook!!!!!

    Corn Muffin

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I forgot to add that the beans Melvon and brown rice were also delish!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home