Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Matzah Vegan Fish!

Now that title is a mouth full! Again, thanks to Jennifer at The Vegan Lunchbox for this recipe. She is just the food god! JK. But she is awesome and her food ideas are great!

As it is yeastfree week, I'll be repeating quite a few items, since we are trying hard to survive the week! But I'll also be researching some new recipes and see if I can't get some NEW foods on here.

My Mom, who has requested to be the CORN Muffin (CM), has been hearing about this fish thing and I invited her over to have some tonight. Brown Rice, homemade tartar sauce (yes, I minced the pickles, I am not a fan of relish, however it is not vegan), tofu fish, and spicy green beans. If you look closely you'll see the little hot peppers I added to the green beans!

Verdict: Mini Muffin, for the first time of having this meal, ate FOUR fish sticks! She had six green beans, not bad considering the hot peppers, and a few bites of rice. She also tried the tartar sauce, again. She's not sure about that. CM stuffed herself, always a compliment, and so did DH. I'd say 5 muffins!

Personally, I did a few things different to the tofu than I did in the past. Instead of dipping the sticks into soymilk and then the crumbs, I just put it into the crumbs. The tofu dried out some, and didn't fall apart as easily. The taste was also much better than it had been in the past. The Matzah crumbs added a nice texture that was different than the cornmeal or flour I used in the past. Overall, tonight's was much better than the last ones, though the last ones were awesome as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home