Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Tofu Burgers

It has been hot! I'm just thankful it hasn't been in the 100's like it has in eastern WA. But it hit 90 this week and now is back to 70. In an effort to survive we've been eating macaroni salad and sandwiches. Last night we ate the last of the macaroni salad.

Last night I made tofu burgers. A girl in High School (way back when) gave me this idea. Only tonight I soaked it in a marinade and floured it to add some crisp. Very yummy!!!

Verdict: Mini Muffin wasn't sure. She hasn't had tofu this way yet. But she ate a few bites and focused on her macaroni salad and sliced tomatoes. She LOVES tomatoes! DH ate his and said he really liked it. He had hoped I had made more than one patty a piece, but I hadn't. I loved mine and this is definitely a keeper!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Skepteach said…

    Can you provide me more tofu burger information? What did you use the marinade, how did you cook it? It looks yummy and I'd love to give it a try!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home