Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Wonton Tortelinni

I got this idea from Martha Stewart. Take wonton or dumpling wrappers and use them to make ravioli or any stuffed pasta. The trick is to freeze them before cooking so they don't swell up. Then it only takes 2-3 minutes to cook. This has become a family favorite so I play around with the recipe. This time we did tortelinni. I've included several extra pictures to give you an idea of how they look, as under the sauce you can't see them well. For the vegans, I do know there are vegan wonton wrappers, I used to buy them in Massachusetts. If anyone wants me to try to get the name of them, please let me know in the comments section.
The torts were stuffed with spinach and mushroom, with a small amount of pepper jack cheese for flavor. We also had salad, and half whole wheat breadsticks. DH complained that we were having salad again, so when I made the breadsticks and he asked for cheese on top, I indulged him. I figured it would be a good trade off to get him to eat the salad!
I had extra wrappers so look forward to seeing asian food later this week. One of the ways I plan my menus is to use up most of my specialty ingredients (eggplants, wonton wrappers, etc) within the week so as not to throw things away.

Mini Muffin loved the torts, as I knew she would, and even though she had almost 3 of them, she also ate almost an entire breadstick. She even sampled the salad. DH ate salad and several breadsticks as well as half of the torts.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger SaraAmarie said…

    This looks YUMMY!! Tortelinni is the best! I have never thought of making my own with wonton wrappers- will definately have to try it out sometime! And the bread sticks look great too!!

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am from MA, and have been searching for vegan wonton wrappers for the longest time! Please tell me where I can find some. I am on Cape Cod.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    Give me an email at LadyRachelLynn@hotmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home