Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Mexican Food again!

Didn't I tell you all we like pizza? Well, we do. We even eat it with a mexican flair to it! Tonight, my first real night of cooking in a few days, I made Mexican Pizza's, the menu for LAST night! But as I said, last night we were commanded to go to our favorite restaurant.

Complimenting the pizza's was spanish rice and Beans Melvon. Beans Melvon is DH's recipe, named after him. Its a secret family recipe, but very good!

Also, we had company again tonight. Grandma! I love cooking when I have guests, I get to see how other people enjoy my food!

I also made lunch for tomorrow. But now I don't know how that will work as DH has a drs appointment tomorrow. Normally, just so those of you who are saying, "Drs appointment on the Shabbat?", its a semi-emergency thing and they didn't have an appointment for today. So, once again, health trumps all! Afterall, Christ (Yeshua) healed on the Shabbat too! Oh yeah, this paragraph was about lunch tomorrow. We should be having lasagna and stuffed mushrooms. We were supposed to have bread, but I forgot to get the dough ready in time, again. I will post a picture tomorrow.

The other thing I made today I don't have a picture for. At least not yet. Maybe sunday. I made meringues, two flavors, vanilla and chocolate. MMMMM.

Here's supper for today!Verdict: Grandma didn't eat much. She had appetizers with her beer, I mean rootbeer, with the girls today. But I think she liked what she had. Mini Muffin snarfed all her beans, and then some, and her rice. She ate about half of a pizza slice. Impressive, because she doesn't always eat mexi pizzas. All were full, including the dog, and there were leftovers!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's true, I didn't eat much. But it was delicious!!!! I was just almost full already from my pupus and beer.

    Don't worry, I only drink beer if it is prefaced with root.

    Mama

    p.es.
    I always love beans Melvon, and if I had been informed of the dinner invite before I stopped with the "girls" (I'll have to tell Eric and Ben about that designation, hehe) I would have ordered a small rootbeer and passed up on the pupus!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home