Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sabbath is a Happy Day!

And it sure is a busy one! (One of Mini Muffin's church songs says that "Sabbath is a happy day!"). We went to church this morning, and synagogue this evening! On the first sabbath of the month we have a potluck with the church, so here's a picture of the pasta salad I took with me. It has rotini pasta, with broccoli and cauliflower florets, shredded carrots, sliced scallions, diced red peppers, kidney beans and chickpeas. I tossed it with some italian dressing by mixing 1/3 C olive oil, 1 tsp each of parsley, oregano, and basil, 1/2 tsp salt and one clove garlic pressed.

Verdict: When the potluck was over, it was gone. Nuf said!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Dreena said…

    Hi Rebecca, just came across your blog! That's a great dish for a potluck, and I bet no one missed the meat or cheese! :)

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    Fortunately, our church is very health conscious with the majority of our members eating a vegetarian diet. In fact, many of our members are vegan. Each month, we have a health seminar and a vegan potluck where we bring healthy foods and learn about how to keep our bodies and minds healthy.

    I feel very fortunate to be a member of this congregation for many reason, and that is definately one of them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home