Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Manicotti and Carrots

Can you tell we like italian food?

Tonight we had tofu stuffed manicotti. I took a half a block of tofu, squished it all up til it resembled ricotta cheese, added diced onions and italian seasonings. I then stuffed the manicotti noodles with the mixture and poured sauce over them. I added grated Tillamook Chedder cheese. Of course this could easily be left off or substituted for soy cheese. My little dish held 7 manicottis, half a box. For our family this is perfect.

I boiled the chopped carrots, then tossed them with olive oil and sprinkled parsley over them.
Mini Muffin didn't really want carrots tonight. She has a cold and is being a little picky. However, she just loves tofu and and loves spaghetti sauce so she ate an entire manicotti!! Us adults snarfed everything else up. NO LEFTOVERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home