Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Friday, March 03, 2006

KFC = Kitchen Fri Chik'n

This is my version of a KFC meal. Homemade mashed potatoes, and fried Fri Chik. Fri Chik is made by Worthington Foods and is a chicken substitute. Not having eaten chicken since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, I will not even discuss whether it tastes anywhere NEAR what chicken tastes like, but its good! I sliced it up thin, floured it and fried it. I then took the juice stuff in the can and made it into a gravy for the potatoes. We also had broccoli and cauliflower as our vegetable.

This is one of my favorite meals. Its fun to cook AND eat! And our Mini Muffin loves FriChik, so that's was devoured, then some broccoli, and then some potatoes with gravy. There were no leftovers again this meal. HURRAY!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger mindy said…

    hi! i have never heard of frichik, i'll have to look for it. i bought the stuff to make the Spanakopita. i'll let you know how it turns out. keep your fingers crossed, as i do not know what i'm doing when it comes to cooking :)

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger SaraAmarie said…

    I love FriChik! Just bought a case of it! :) I have never had it this way. Looks GOOD! I'll have to try it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home