Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Simple Sandwiches

Tonight, as I was too busy to go shopping, I noticed at supper that we have almost no food in the house. SOOO...nothing fancy tonight. We had sandwiches. And due to a lack of sandwich toppings (you COULD have a sandwich of condiments, but who would want to!) we used vegemeat, in this case Smoked Turkey flavored protein slices made by Worthington. Not the healthiest, but they are great on sandwiches, and with stuffing, and....well you get the idea. We buy them in the big huge logs and slice them down to our desired thickness.....much more cost effective! We also had Tillamook cheese, no rennet, lettuce, tomato and hummus!

Yep ladies and gentleman, I made hummus! For the first time in a long time. I made DH and Mini Muffin promise to eat it this time.

This was NOT a vegan meal, but it was vegetarian. I like using Tillamook, as stated before, since the cheeses we buy do not use traditional rennet. The Worthington Products often use milk or eggs, thus making them not vegan as well.

As this was Mini Muffin's first time eating hummus, I wasn't sure of what she'd think. Well folks, it was a winnner! She liked it so much she insisted on eating her sandwich with her own hands!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home