Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Good ol' Steak and Potatoes!

Ever had the craving for meat and potatoes, but couldn't have the meat? Well, your search is over! This is a complete Steak and Potatoes meal, it even has the buttermilk biscuit! Coincidently, its the ONLY part of the meal that isn't vegan! Gluten Steak patties, baby red potatoes, and green beans. I later added basic brown gravy, however it would have hid the lovely meal!

Mini Muffin helped in snapping the green beans. She's been doing it with me recently. Sometimes she forgets to take the ends off, but usually she does pretty well. Crazy thing is, she's doing beans as well as I did when I was 6 or 7!! But letting her help me is aiding in getting her to eat more green beans, and thus like them.

Very good meal! Definately took away the desire for meat and potatoes, thus leaving me plenty of creative thinking for the next meal!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home