Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Back from Vacation!

I'm still pretty tired from my trip, but I can't let all of you down! Here's a piece about a restaurant we went to on our trip! We went to a restaurant called Noah's Ark. Here they have vegan food, vegatarian food, and a few select meat dishes (but only to satisfy those who wouldn't otherwise "survive" dinner). I had the lasagna, which they offer in both veggie and vegan style, and my mom had a greek meal! The little girls, my niece and Mini Muffin, had chicken nuggets, Mini Muffin's being vegetarian of course!

Verdict: Very good! I choose to have a smaller portion, and I'm glad I did. I was able to eat it all, but not feel miserable! Mini Muffin had never had anything like chicken nuggets and she loved them! She had them again later during the trip when I bought them for her and she loved them then too! The restaurant was nice, I enjoyed poking around the gift shop area. We didn't take a tour because we were headed to the Wildlife Safari! Mini Muffin got a camel ride there, and hasn't forgotten it yet! 2 weeks later and we still hear about the "Camool" and how fun it was!

I hope that next week I can catch you all up on the two meals we've had this week.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you are back! Cute story about your DD and the camel. If it's okay to comment on something other than food, a favorite picture book in our family was "The Camel Who Took a Walk" by Jack Tworkov. You guys might like it too, especially after your safari. It's a funny, sweet story.

    VeggieMamacita

     

Post a Comment

<< Home