Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Eggplant Non-Parmesan

Last night we had Eggplant Non-Parmesan. I made us each a small salad as well.

I sliced the eggplant into 1/3 inch slices, and dipped them in flour, then in egg, and then in cracker crumbs. The cracker crumbs were crushed finely, and seasoned with crushed rosemary, oregano, thyme, basil, and red peppers. I then fried it in olive oil until brown on both sides. If anyone can give me a Tried and True method to do this without eggs, I'll try it and post the results!

Verdict: Very good! Unfortunately, we accidently spoiled Mini Muffin's appetite by letting her have crackers and things before I made supper. (by we, read Muffin Man). So, she had some tomatos and that was it. Hmmm.....The Jumbo Muffins stuffed themselves. There were also two eggplant slices left, so those will end up on pizza one day soon!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi.
    This is Corn Muffin. My mom showed me once that you can spread a little mayo, you could use vegan mayo, on each side of each slice and coat with the seasoned cracker crumbs.
    Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, flip and bake for another 20. time may vary. It was really quite tastey.
    Corn Muffin

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm getting very spoiled by your site; you do all my meal planning for me. I'll be making eggplant non-parmesan tomorrow. I will probably use an egg, but I'll make note of the mayo idea.

    Thanks!

    VeggieMamacita

     

Post a Comment

<< Home