Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Fish Fillets

I made Tofu Fish Fillets with tarter sauce, rice, and green beans. However, DH wanted fish fillet sandwiches! So we added the bread as well!

These were very good! I apologize that you can't see the tofu fillet very well, but it basically looked like my tofu burger's. The biggest difference between the two were the fact that I didn't marinate the tofu this time.

Mini Muffin ate 1/2 of a fillet, and some rice and bread. "Beb" as she calls it! She declined the green beans today but I got a couple into her.

I want to thank all you guys for letting me know how your meals work when you try these ideas! It spurs me on to get creative!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How would this work if you made the "patties" like the fish sticks you made previously? I want some!!!!! I love fish fillet sandwiches but since I eat vegie now....

    Looks Good!!!!!

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    Basically, with this recipe, I used the same flavorings as the tofu fish. The thing about the Tofu fish, is it doesn't really taste like fish, but they do taste good! They still taste a bit like tofu. These fillets I made with just a flour breading and some fishy flavors.

    However, if you use tarter sauce, Muffin Man says you'll never know any different LOL.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger mindy said…

    i'm not a fan of tofu,(weird, i don't like meat or tofu..) but, i was wondering if you've tried tuno? is it any good??

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    Yes, I've tried tuno. I had a bad experience with tuna as a kid...I was a vegetarian even then and someone tricked me, our whole church really, into eating tuna instead of tuno. She wanted to prove a point to all us vegetarians...grr...I was just a little kid but I've never been able to eat tuno. I've only ever had frozen tuno (most people say its the better of the two), as I didn't know about canned tuno until recently. It just smells too strong to me. It tastes pretty darn close from what I'm told!

    Most of my tuno eating friends love it! Get the frozen stuff though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home