Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Lasagne

I promised lasagne! And now I deliver. Not that you all haven't seen it before. But that's beside the point.

Tuesday night I had a couple of visitors for supper. Some nice young men came to our house to discuss theology, and the differences between our two (or three) religions. I didn't post that last night because after they left I was tired. Anyway, for supper, I had made a tofu lasagne and salad. Seeing as I STILL didn't have any lettuce, I made a salad of tomatoes, cucumbers, and mushrooms. I tossed it with a smidge of olive oil and basil and thyme.

The lasagne had broccoli and carrots in it, along with tofu and some tillamook cheese. As you can see, it came out textbook!

Verdict: The two visitors had no CLUE it was tofu. They thoroughly enjoyed the meal, and were shocked that tofu could blend so well into foods. Mini Muffin ate her's happily, vegetables first of course! The salad was surprising tasty, I'm not a big fan of vegetable salads without lettuce.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Both the salad and the lasagne look beautiful!

    VeggieMamacita

     

Post a Comment

<< Home