Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Stirfry and Chili Cheese Puffs

The stirfry is vegan. However the cheese puffs aren't. The cheese puffs are basically wonton wrappers stuffed with cream cheese mixed with sweet chili sauce! Its my mom's recipe! And its the best! I'm wondering how vegan cream cheese would work here.

The stirfry is tofu, carrots, broccoli, and rice stirfried together. I also made egg drop soup, but we ate it all before I remembered to take a picture! For that I julienned some carrots, broccoli, and scallions, and boiled them. I added a package of ramen noodle oriental seasoning and then when the whole thing was boiling well, added two eggs, slowly. Next time I'll grab a snapshot! I also added some seaweed in at the end.

Verdict: Mini Muffin ate some of her chili cheese puff, and half of her soup. She tried to eat some fried rice but as she isn't feeling well, she didn't eat much. The rest of us however....lets just say, everything's GONE!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:14 AM, Blogger mira said…

    The cheesepuffs sound yummy. I'm going to try making them for my kids. I'm assuming that you pan fry the wrappers after they are stuffed?

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    You can either pan fry them or deep fry them. I often do a combination of that. I take my smallest pan, (it fits 3 in the bottom, so however big that is), and fill it with 1/2 inch of oil, maybe a little less. Then I fry them a few at a time, turning once.

    Hope that helps!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home