Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Cream of Asparagus (VEGAN!)

I needed to use up the tofu marinating in my fridge for several days, so I did. I made tofu nuggets. I used the marinade from last time, see post below, and flour seasoned with garlic salt and paprika. I also made Cream of Asparagus soup, using the Broccoli Soup recipe, adding dill weed and a few other herbs.

Verdict: Mini Muffin LOVED the tofu! She ate 6 pieces! And what's not to love, its the best tofu I've ever had!! Having left the tofu soaking for several days, they really retained the italian flavor! Muffin Man really enjoyed the nuggets as well, and ate most of them. Not that he's a pig though, I told him to since I'm still not feeling well. The soup was fantastic. We all ate one bowl of it, I would have had more but again, not too well! DH isn't a big fan of soup as it is...so if he ate it I'm happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home