Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Ramen Noodles and Vegetables

Yes, I know, this is not a picture of what we ate for supper. However, oriental ramen with mixed vegetables isn't really all that exciting. However, my attempt at Italian bread is! I know, it's not a pretty loaf. But hey, its only my second try in 8 years. This was the bread I started on sunday, and finished last night! It tastes great!

Interestingly, back to the topic of supper, most families stick mixed vegetables into pasta dishes in hopes that their child will eat more vegetables. We, on the other hand, stick vegetables into pasta dishes in hopes that our Mini Muffin will eat more PASTA! She loved on the vegetables and picked at the pasta. Silly little Mini Muffin!

Nothing for tomorrow probably, but we'll see you back next week!

4 Comments:

  • At 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now and just thought I'd say hi! I'm in Melbourne, Australia.
    Thanks for the culinary inspiration.

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    Glad to hear people from Australia are looking. That country is pretty special to me as I was born in a tiny village in Western Australia!

    Thanks for saying hi!

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your loaf looks great!!! BUT, one of the best purchases I've ever made was my bread machine...can't live without it! Look on craigslist.com, I bought a really nice one for only $15 :o)

    Anyway, I've been reading your blog for a while and really enjoy it! Keep up the good work!

    -Nicole
    veggie Mom to 4 boys

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    I have got to tell you a funny story about my bread machine. I was given one but almost never used it because I had to make bread so often, it became a chore. So I started making several loaves at a time by hand. I have a bosch, which makes things much easier, no kneading by hand. I finally gave my machine away to the young man who helped me move across country. Little did I know that we would end up being married. So now I have that machine back! Still don't use it LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home