Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Fondue!!!!

Unfortunately, this is not vegan fondue. I wanted to make that, but had just about none of the ingredients. So I made chedder fondue. We used bread, brussel sprouts, tomatoes, mushrooms, and roasted garlic as our dipping mediums. Not pictured are the garlic cloves as they weren't out of the oven yet...I forgot they were cooking. No, they didn't get burnt!

Verdict: This was a first for both the Muffin Man and our little Mini Muffin. Mini Muffin doesn't take to well to new items, generally she pretends to hate them. Have them a few times and she loves them! Add cheese to the mix, and well....she hates cheese. (Loves Cheez-its, go figure!) Muffin Man, however, couldn't get enough and ended up pouring fondue onto his plate so he could eat faster and thus get more in!!! He said, "Fondue! Where have you been all my life!" I'm wondering how he'll react to the vegan one, as he tends to like vegan things even more! This was definately a winner!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I haven't had fondue since I was a kid in the 70s. Do you have a special fondue pan? If not, please share how you made the fondue, if you have a chance. I'd love to try it.

    VeggieMamacita

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    I will post this, but not tonight, I'm exhausted. I will try to post this weekend with the recipe!

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    Fondue!

    Basically I took 4 cups of shredded cheese, chedder in this case, and melted it over a low heat. When it appeared done, I added a 1/2 C of soymilk and a clove of minced garlic. Then I added some seasonings....this I did at whim, so probably thyme, oregano, and basil.. I lowered the heat, added a egg yolk, and slowly raised the heat.

    That was it!

    Next time I won't be doing that! Next time I'll make an extra cheesy version of my macaroni and cheese sauce and use that.

    I'll post that later!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home