Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Sandwiches, Sandwiches, Sandwiches

The last few nights we've had sandwiches. Tonight it was because we were in a hurry. The other nights because I really didn't want to "cook". It was too warm. Sunday we had Hoagies and chips. I took Hoagie Rolls, layered them with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, onions, and wham. These were awesome! We even added a bit of horseradish to it! MMMM.

DH ate his sandwich and Mini Muffin picked at hers. She's kinda in that stage. She ate her tomatoes though! She ate most of her wham, and some of her bread. She did want some chips though!

The second sandwich I'm featuring is the all American grilled cheese! Add that to tomato soup and you have a winner! I added green chilies and kidney beans to this soup. I also snuck in mushrooms and onions into the sandwiches.

Mini Muffin ate all of her soup and asked for MORE! She had a baby bowl, MUCH smaller than this one. She also ate half her sandwich, dipping it all the way! Her sandwich was on baby -sized bread. That may explain her eating so much of it! Her little tummy was tight as a drum!

Tomorrow should bring something BESIDES sandwiches!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    I've featured Wham before a few times....Its a vegetarian protein product made by Worthington Foods, which is owned by Kellogg (from what I understand)!

    Here's a link for Wham

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wanted to ask about Wham, too, but someone beat me to it. I never heard of it before. In what section of the store do you find it?

    I also wanted to say thank you for your explanation about the fondue. I will be trying it soon. My DH has never had fondue, and he is skeptical. I know he and the kids will love it, though.

    VeggieMamacita

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow! It must be a conspiracy. I was going to ask about wham, too! When I read it I saw "wham!" as in wham bam or viola or there you go! That shows my ignorance of vegan products.

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    Claire - That's one of the reasons I just LOVE that name, WHAM! It was worthington ham, or w-ham....but I think of it as Wham, great sandwich! LOL.

    I could go on and on about how we use Wham and Vegetarian Turkey!

    Don't feel too badly, most people have no CLUE about Worthington Products. As far as its vegetarian/vegan-ness, please read my post on Wham.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home