Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

O-Crud, its Okra! Vegan!

Tonight I made a variation of Kadhai Bhindi, variation being because I didn't have mango powder or a few of the spices. I sauteed garlic, onions, and okra together, added some garlic salt and presto, done!

I also made Eggplant Curry, by sauteing onions and garlic with the eggplant, and then put coconut milk in until it covered the eggplants, added curry and garlic salt, and some paprika.

The last thing we had were lentils. Basic lentils.

Muffin Man was out on business this evening and didn't eat supper with us. He took his to work with him, so I don't know what he thinks of the meal. Mini Muffin stuffed her little tummy with lentils and rice, but didn't want to try the okra and eggplant. The jury's still out on curried eggplant and okra as far as she's concerned! I give this meal an A+! It was healthy, delicious, and it LOOKS wonderful!

Update! Muffin Man said his food was good, however, when asked about the Okra, he said, "it was ok.... "
I'm pretty much the only person in this house to appreciate Okra properly, but that's alright with me. MORE FOR ME!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, Man!!!!
    And I was even invited!!!
    (Well, I invited myself, but then I broke the date cus I had too much work to do!!!)
    Oh Man!
    No fair!!!!!
    Oh, well. Tomorrow is my last day of work for 10 glorious weeks!!!!!!!!!

    Corn Muffin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home