Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Macaroni & Cheese Please!

First off, I have some bad bad sad news.....Starting this weekend, I will be on vacation to Central California and will most likely not be able to post. HOWEVER, I will take images of things I think you will enjoy and post them when I get back. I should be back to posting July 5th! We may even find some new vegan restaurants on the way. If so, I am SO taking pictures!

HOWEVER!!! This week I will continue to post. Once again, this doesn't start until this weekend!!! I may also try to get a comment from the Muffin Man on his eating experiences without me. He'll be staying home this trip.

Now, for supper. And yes, I almost forgot to take a picture. But I did take one and you all can enjoy.

Yes, its the infamous Macaroni and Cheese! However, I do believe that if you do this meal right, it doesn't have to be unhealthy! For instance, as you can see, there is MORE salad than macaroni! Secondly, there is broccoli, onions, and carrots in the macaroni. Third, this is homemade, from scratch! No box mixes. Thus, you can control the ingredients and amounts you put in!!

Corn Muffin (my mom) came for supper tonight. Hence, Mini Muffin almost didn't anything but red peppers and cucumbers, but then she discovered how fun it would be to let GRANDMA feed her. So she ended up cleaning her plate! HURRAY!

Muffin Man gave me a dear compliment. He called me from work to tell me that dinner was good and he greatly enjoyed it! HURRAY AGAIN!!! This was indeed a good meal, and not just because he said so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home