Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Curried Green Beans and Mexican Food

Hows that for a title! I'm still catching up on housework and things...so I'm posting another previous meal from this week - Soft Tacos. Rice, Beans, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc. Wonderful filling meal.

Verdict: We used up the last of the baby lettuce that we had in the fridge for this meal, and let me tell you, it was so great on those tacos! Mini Muffin ate tomatoes, beans and rice, and sampled some lettuce.

Now, for the Curried Green Beans.

I sauteed tofu, cut in cubes, until golden brown. Just before they were done I added 2 cloves of garlic, crushed, to add flavor. Then I added a small bag of frozen green beans, and cooked them until almost done. I poured a can of coconut milk on top, and seasoned with curry powder and paprika to taste. I then added salt to taste, as Muffin Man always says I forget salt...and yes I do. That was it. I am sorry I dont' have better measurements. I'm not that kind of cook very often!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you very much for the recipe. This is just how I cook also- measurements arent strict with me, I just know when it's right.
    Thank you very much!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home