Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Tofu Eggplant Lasagna

I made lasagna tonight! Only, I switched it up a bit. This time, instead of just my usual vegetables, I added slices of eggplant. I also added rosemary and garlic to the italian seasonings I added to the tofu.

MMMM MMMMM. Tasty! Muffin Man and I enjoyed our immensely, and together managed to eat half of the 9 x 13 inch pan!

Mini Muffin is sick, either still or again. So double that with tiredness and yah. She was a mess. However, she enjoyed enough to TRY to eat. But poor thing was too tired, cranky, and sick to eat.

I had planned on having corn, but I forgot. I also planned on making bread sticks, but when I had to take the Muffin Pup to the vet, that idea was thrown out the window! But hey I put a TON of vegetables in this lasagna! 2.5 carrots (the other half went into my friends' salad, they had a baby last weekend), one eggplant, one small stalk of broccoli, and a half of an onion. So I don't feel guilty at all about the nutrition of this one dish meal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home