Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

The end of last week wasn't the greatest for pictures of food, as one night we ate leftovers and another night we made spinach quiche, but then ended up being treated to dinner by our friends when they got home from Thailand. SOOOO...I'm posting a picture of my Challah, the bread I have started making again on Friday nights.

Usually when I make Challah, I do a three strand braid, but this time I decided to try to be creative and do a four strand braid....Wow, that is definately better than a three strand!! Maybe next time I'll get brave and do a five or six strand!!!

Just so you know, this is half of a batch of bread, but the bread is sitting on a dinner plate!! And the batch is the size of a typical loaf of bread, so Challah is long, but a bit narrow and short in height when I made it. It is however wonderful to eat!

And for all you Sesame Street viewers, when you make a pb & J sandwich, you get what we call a Mumphrey the Magician sandwich....a Challah Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich!!! (Mumphrey says A la Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, as he waves his wand!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home