Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

And we are BACK!!!

Yes, I'm finally back! My motherboard died and I had to build a new computer out of two. So now I'm running at a lower speed, but with more drive space. Go figure!

It took a bit to get back because I had to catch up on all the stuff I hadn't done while the computer was down. And now I can catch up on this!

Here is a meal we had while we were down. Later today I hope to post last nights meal!

Garbanzo vegetable curry over rice
Stirfried okra and onions.

I LOVE Okra, any way shape or form. However, I have to admit, this is one of the best ways. That and breaded. I took frozen Okra, because I couldn't find it fresh, and stirfried it with sliced onions. I added garlic salt, and a little Indian seasonings...and presto....perfect Okra.

Mini Muffin ate her Garbanzo beans and rice but wouldn't touch the Okra. However, Muffin Man ate it without a fuss....so HURRAY!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    LOVE okra just about any way! I even like it slimy!

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thats look good!

    johanna3
    http://tropicalvegetarianfamily.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I had a little shudder pass through me when I saw the okra there. NOT a fan. My southern grandmother made it all the time and it was awful. Maybe it's better when stirfried?

    The broccoli pizza down the page, however, looks delicioso.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I had a little shudder pass through me when I saw the okra there. NOT a fan. My southern grandmother made it all the time and it was awful. Maybe it's better when stirfried?

    The broccoli pizza down the page, however, looks delicioso.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger fiammetta said…

    Ok i'm okra clueless, last saturday at our local farmer's market there was fresh okra galore, more than any other veg, but i was scared to buy it! so i have one question, you can just stir fry them whole like that? you don't have to cut of the stem?? like i said clueless.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home