Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Vegetable Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Ok, today I decided I would make soup! What kind of soup, I wasn't sure. I knew I wanted a cream based soup, but not just potato, and not just corn chowder. I also didn't have enough of anything to make a "cream of" soup. SOOOO, I decided to make an everything soup!

I sauteed one half onion diced, one half carrot sliced, a ear of corn (cut off the cob), and 3 baby red potatos. I covered all that with soymilk until it covered it by about an inch or so. I cooked that for a bit. I added basil, oregano, thyme, garlic salt, and paprika. Then I sliced up 3 mushrooms, and two scallions. I added those to the pot and then added soymilk til it seemed like soup, instead of milk covered veggies LOL. I cooked it till the mushrooms looked cooked and shrunken....I did add some cheese, but that is optional. Then I just had to wait for Muffin Man to be ready to eat. When he got home he requested to have Grilled Cheese Sandwiches as well, but I didn't take a picture of those.

Then it was time to dig into the soup. Mini Muffin has this thing for soup....she's not terribly fond of it at first. But she LOVES to dip her sandwiches and bread into it...so she gets some into her system. So, she only had a small amount, and some of the veggies. But....oh man....was that soup awesome! I couldn't BELIEVE how great it was. Muffin Man had to give the last bowl to Corn Muffin, when she came to babysit Mini Muffin this evening because he said "You've got to have some of this soup...its AWESOME!" Now how's that for a compliment!

Try it, you'll like it!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Skepteach said…

    Interesting, I never thought to try soup like that. Usually I'll do something similar (start with different veggies) except I add veggie broth/water instead of soy milk. I'll have to try that next time.

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The soup looks great!

    VeggieMamacita

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This was the BEST SOUP I ever had!!!!!

    Corn Muffin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home