Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Morningstar Farms Veggie Bites - also, a review

Tonight we tried MorningStar Farms new Spinach Artichoke Veggie Bites. They only have 9 in the package, so I decided to add red potatoes and carrots to the meal. Basically it was a meal made completely of side dishes....sometimes those the best. This was NOT one of those times.

The plan was to have parsnips and carrots mixed....The parsnips were slimy and nasty, I had bought them at the end of last week. So, just carrots and scallions. The potatoes were good, however. The Veggie Bites were ok....I wish we had baked something a bit different, like the chik'n nuggets, but alas, we had wanted to try something new. Mini Muffin did eat almost all of one...so that was great! She shunned her potatoes and carrots today...might have had something to do with her cold. And yes, she does seem to get those every few weeks....

All in all, the food wasn't horrible, but it wasn't the best meal I've prepared in the past. Hey, I'm allowed to have one not so great meal once in a while!!

5 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Nicki Baker said…

    I've had those veggie bites. I love those things!

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    I probably would have liked them more if I hadn't been expecting something a bit different. We had expected something a bit cheesier in texture.

    Don't get me wrong, they were good, just wasn't what we had anticipated.

    Generally, we try not to buy to many premade products, since they can be expensive and I enjoy the process of making my food from scratch.

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Skepteach said…

    I bought the broccoli cheese veggie bites and was a bit disappointed the first time I went to cook them and realized that they HAD to be baked. No microwaving instructions listed. When I only want to eat 3 or 4 of them at a time (since it’s just me eating them) I don’t want to turn on the oven.
    I also expected the broccoli cheese bites to be cheesier; they were okay, but they aren’t good enough for me to buy them again.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No you're not.
    ;-)

     
  • At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Say, are you going to continue this blog?
    I check nearly everyday.
    Somehow, I doubt you are eating chicken (fake) nuggets everyday!!!
    I really miss your posts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home