Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Chili Rellanos

Tonight I had invited my mom and my grandmother over for Chili Rellanos. I tried an eggwhite batter, which tasted good with the enchilada sauce on it, but not so good without the sauce. Next time I'll use my passover breading. Everyone commented that the matzo meal was the best rellanos breading yet! But hey, I had to try.

The chili's were roasted under the broil setting and turned periodically until their skins were black. Then I put them in a glass bowl and covered the bowl with plastic wrap. Their own heat steamed the skins loose, which I just peeled off. I stuffed them with a mixture of cream cheese and chedder cheese. I battered them and baked them at 350 until golden brown. I bake them rather than fry them because it is healthier that way.

As with any good Mexican meal, beans and rice to compliment. The beans were thanks to Grand Muffin, who brought vegetarian chili beans, with vegetarian meat inside.

Everyone, except Mini Muffin, LOVED their chilis. Even Muffin Man enjoyed his, after he put enchilada sauce over it. The beans were good too, of course. Mini Muffin was more than pleased to eat her beans and rice, and leave her chili. She's still not used to it. One of these days I'll get her to eat it LOL.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger mindy said…

    i think i'll try that one! i love chili rellanos. how did you make the batter?? just eggwhites?

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love to read your blog! You always put things together that I would never think of, I like that. Keep up the good work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home