Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

MMMM Quiche!

Yesterday my mom and I made some meals for my friend again. Incase I didn't mention it before, she owns Special Thai, the local Thai food restaurant that I go to so much, and Vege Thai, the Vegan Thai food restaurant across the river. I've enjoyed getting able to cook for her, as she's always cooking for us! Today we made her a salad and quiche, so I made the same thing for us. I layered spinach leaves on the bottom, and added steamed carrots and broccoli to the top. Then I used the my usual egg/soymilk mixture and put a bit of cheese on the top.

Very good! Muffin Man was very pleased, and most of the quiche was gone. So was most of the salad. Mini Muffin ate some raw veggies, and a few bites of quiche. She wasn't too hungry because our friend gave her a banana.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful! I would be intimidated to cook for a restaurant owner, but you are clealy up to the task. Great meal.

    VeggieMamacita

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    Ahh, thanks. What a nice compliment! I'm intimidated to be an restaurant owner as well!

    I've just always liked making my food look as nice as possible for my family because I think their worth it. My family is my inspiration!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home