Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Patty Pans

I apologize for the blurriness of the image. Last night we had Stuffed Patty Pan squash! I stuffed it with a mixture of the removed Patty Pan squash, shredded carrots, scallions, mushrooms, bread crumbs, and italian herbs and seasonings. I also added two eggs. I did not measure, but I only had 3 patty pans, big, medium, and small. The amount of stuffing I had far exceeded the squashes and I cooked it in a tiny dish as well.

I coupled that with some cooked brown rice and green beans.

Mini Muffin didn't feel brave enough to try the squash! She did however eat as much rice as is on the plate there, and 3 green beans!

Muffin Man enjoyed his food, although he wasn't sure about the Patty Pan. Looked a little odd to him. It was very good though. I was warned that these squashes don't always taste as good as other summer squashes, but these ones were delicious this way. I was very surprised and delighted to find that this recipe really was good. Here are some links for Stuffed Patty Pan Squash you might enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home