Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The return of the Pizza

As I'm sure you all know, we love pizza. And now we have passed that love on to Mini Muffin. Yesterday, she was trying to help me decide what to eat. She was pulling out stuff for stirfry....but I didn't really want that yesterday...I was hankering for a good homemade pizza. So I asked her if she wanted Pizza....she said no, then realized and added a quick YES! and started helping me get pizza stuff out of the fridge!

Crazy baby, she's not even 2!!

So Pizza it was, this time the fun ingredient was chopped Chik'n Nuggets. I used half whole wheat pastry flour for the crust, along with my pizza herbs, thyme, oregano, basil, and rosemary...and garlic!!!

Mini Muffin ate almost her whole slice, the size of one up on the picture! She then fed the rest to the dog, who was immensely grateful! Muffin Man took some for lunch, and I finished up the rest for breakfast this morning, and let me tell you, it was just as yummy today!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks good! Would you mind posting your pizza dough recipe and maybe some tips on working the dough into a pizza shape? Do you use a pizza stone or pan?

    I want to give it another shot, and need some help! Yours sounds great!

    Thanks!
    pks

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Jacki said…

    I have a pizza dough recipe I love, because it uses whole wheat flour and doesn't require any rising time! The only thing is it has beer in it, and although the alcohol bakes out, some may have objections to that:


    Fastest, Easiest Homemade Pizza Crust

    Ingredients:
    2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    12 oz. beer


    Directions:

    Preheat oven to 400.

    Combine all ingredients. Dough does not have to rise at all, but will be fairly wet and sticky. Press into oiled cookie sheet (12 x 18" or slightly smaller works well). If it seems too sticky to work with, sprinkle a little flour on it as you pat/press it into the pan.

    Top with your favorite sauce & toppings. Bake 20-25 minutes or until dough is browning & crisp around edges.

    Serves: 4-6

    Preparation time: 30

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    I can't seem to find the recipe I thought I posted, so I'll do it again, or finally, whichever the case may be.

    One cookie sheet pan.
    1 1/2 C warm water
    1 TB yeast, instant or not.
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    3-4 TB oil
    2 C whole wheat pastry flour
    2 1/2 C white flour

    Add yeast to warm water, when proofed if using dry regular yeast, add salt and 1 1/2 TB oil. Add flour in 1 C increments until dough is sticking into a ball shape and not to your fingers. Non-stick spray your pan, and roll dough out onto the pan. Use remaining oil to lightly coat dough, but you don't have to use all the oil, just what is necessary. Top as usual with sauce and toppings. Put soft vegetables like mushrooms first, longer cooking ones like onions last.

    Bake at 450 degrees until vegetables are cooked and cheese is melted in the center.

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for both recipes! I'll report back when I try them!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home