Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Falafels

I finally decided to attempt the infamous Falafel. I've had them in Jerusalem before, and do NOT like the versions you can purchase here. So, not having been brave enough to make my own, I just didn't have any. I thought they'd be too tricky. But I decided the other day to just DO IT!!!!

So, the preparation began. I wanted to have sprouts to go with it, and sprouts are good for you. So MiniB Muffin and I started some seeds last weekend.

I mixed and mashed and made my mix. Then, because I wanted to bake them, I flattened them and tried it out....hmmm...baking wasn't working this time. So I fried them....sigh....

But oh they were good!

We had a visitor come over for lunch, and he seems to have survived the meal. Our visitor was an old classmate of mine...from high school.

I have displayed here all the ingredients we used for our falafel sandwiches....its hard to see whats INSIDE a pita pocket, so I put it outside...that and I kinda accidently got pita folds and thought I got pockets...OPPS! Next time I will get pockets!!!

This is definately a recipe I will keep playing with, as the dough was a bit wet. That's why they wouldn't bake right I think. But they were so good I don't think anyone minded!!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yum, looks very good!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home