Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Soybased Corn Chowder...MMMMM

Now that we are making our own Soymilk, I know exactly what's entering our system, and it ain't anything but good! Thanks Corn Muffin!!!

I made some fresh soymilk, and used it as the base for this lovely corn chowder. Corn, onions, and potatoes, flavored with oregano, paprika, garlic, and basil.

Toast for dipping in....MMM good.

MiniB Muffin loved her soup, as usual, and heartily ate it all up with her bread. She even practiced dipping the bread. Didn't do to badly either.

The Muffin Man was gone for a meeting last night, so he ate when he got home, and couldn't help himself, had to go back for seconds......at 11:30 at night!!! Just couldn't sleep without one more bowl!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger mira said…

    What are you using to make your soymilk with? Is it a special soy milk maker or do you make it by hand somehow?

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    My mom, Corn Muffin, got me a soymilker, by BWellness. Their URL is http://www.bwellness.com/EZsoymilkers.htm. Its very easy, put water in the jug, beans in the little cup where they get ground, and within 20 minutes I have fresh HOT soymilk...I try to make it the day before so it will be cold, but I often forget (Bad Muffin!!!) Hope that helps!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home