Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Yo Quiero Tacos

Another warm day, another post on keeping food healthy, vegetarian/vegan, and cool!

We had tacos tonight. This is the second time we've had tacos, and Mini Muffin LOVES them. She has also mastered the knack of eating them. "Pick up taco, tilt head, tilt taco, chomp!" Tonight, she ate 1 and a half tacos, filled with beans, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, and the like!

Here are some Taco ideas to keep you healthy and cool.

S&W chili beans
Vegetarian burger meat.
TVP
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Cheese, vegan or otherwise
Green Peppers
Onions
Olives
Mushrooms
Salsa
Sour Cream, vegan or otherwise
Salad Dressing

Tips: To save on heat, don't crisp up the Taco Shells. Quite often they are perfect right out of the package. Just heat up your protein source, your beans or meat subsitute.

The plate you see above is a Tupperware Taco plate complete with Taco Holders. I love using these because the Tacos stay upright!

So, what ingredients would YOU like on a Taco?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home