Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Hot Pockets!

I decided the other day to have Hot Pockets again. I love these! Its very simple really, for 5 pockets you'll need 2 batches of pie crust (vegan recipe at bottom of post), and a variety of vegetables and vegetarian meats/beans you want. This time I used Wham cut from the large log you can purchase, broccoli, onions, and mushrooms. However, you could also use any kind of bean, or vegetable, whatever your taste buds can conjure up.

MiniB Muffin ate half of her pocket, about the size of the small one in the picture. She hasnt' felt well recently, she's had a bad cold, so her appetite has been down.

Muffin Man ate his, and complained that I cook too good. I liked them so much I kept eating mine, even after I was full!!

Vegan Pie Crust
1 C flour
1/4-1/2 olive oil
1/2 tsp or so salt
6 T ice water

Add salt to flour. Mix olive oil into flour with a fork. Cut it in until it is coarse. One tablespoon at a time, add the ice water. Mix and roll out.

Voila....easy! And vegan. I actually don't know how to make pie crust any other way as I've done it this way for SOOO long.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger Jacki said…

    Hi, I used to read your blog before you put it on hiatus for awhile, and I've recently come across it again. I've been enjoying catching up on all your posts! Also, congratulations on the little one!

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger urban vegan said…

    Every cutlure seems to have a hot pocket of its own--and they are all delicious. Yours look so comforting and tasty.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home