Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Sick for a week!

Wednesday night, the night I made vegan crabcakes..., I got sick...

I stayed sick until yesterday!! There were some days I didn't want to get out of BED! God took care of me though, he had arranged for Muffin Man to not have to be scheduled for work last Thursday or Friday, which meant I didn't have drag my pregnant butt around taking care of MiniB Muffin...Muffin Man was here to do that.

I did get my crab cakes made however, just not posted. I got this recipe from Susan over at Fatfree Vegan Kitchen. However, I have to admit, because Muffin Man doesn't appreciate fat free foods the way I do, I fattened it up a bit. I fried them in a pan, rather than baked them. There is a lack of vegetable as a side, I was just too tired to do that as well. I figured the 2 carrots and 2 stalks of celery, plus half an onion in the cakes made up for it. The white rice is due to the fact that the store was out of brown rice!!!

This meal was very good, we had grandma, Corn Muffin, over for it. She says she bribed her way in with the purchase of the Old Bay Seasoning. I had invited her previously, however. Both Corn Muffin and the Muffin Man said that the cakes were very good, but didn't quite taste like crab...not enough for them at least. The recipe was good and so I will have another item to have to make. Our only REAL complaint was from MiniB Muffin who said it was too spicy for her tongue. I only used half of the OBSeasoning too!

The night before Corn Muffin had made Zatarain's Crab Cake Mix with tofu, and said that that tasted better, but was definately spicy as well. I have to look at the ingredients again to verify that its vegetarian. I believe their mix is....It says chicken flavoring, but I could find no mention of chicken within the flavoring ingredients, so I'm wondering if its chicken flavoring similar to McKays.

So there you have it! Not Fatfree Crabcakes!!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I looked at the Zatarain's box again just to make sure, it lists the ingredients for the chicken seasoning and it does not include chicken or chicken fat. The mix appears to be vegetarian, but not vegan as it does contain cheese,

    Corny

     

Post a Comment

<< Home