Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

2 different meals

I apologize for not having posted. For most of a week I have been simply exhausted...and therefore not able to do much on here.

Here is a couple of meals we have had recently:

Stirfried Rice

I had been absolutely exhausted one day, but around dinnertime suddenly had a burst of energy...so I made stirfried rice and wontons. There was just enough rice leftover for breakfast the next morning (good for me as leftovers is generally what I have to eat nowadays....nothing else is fast enough to fix), but all 14 wontons disappeared...MiniB Muffin, who "only likes cheese puffs" even ate two!! I apologize that there are no images of the wontons....

Wonton:

TVP granules
Brown gravy mix
water
minced onion
minced garlic
minced mushrooms
Wonton wraps

Take 1 tablespoon gravy mix per 1/2 cup water. Soak desired amounts of tvp in mixture. Saute TVP and minced onion, garlic, and mushrooms, until onions are translucent. Place approximately 1 tablespoon in the center of your wonton wrapper, fold and fry.

Haystacks

Easy meal that can be made vegan, or otherwise.

Chips, beans, cheese (optional), lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and any other vegetables you feel like putting on top. Then top it with any or all of the following, sour cream (optional), salsa (not pictured), salad dressing, and quacamole.

I accidently made a haystack a bit too big for MiniB Muffin. She still ate the whole thing!! Definately a favorite meal at this house, and great for kids as they can leave off any toppings they aren't too keen on....

1 Comments:

  • At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    looks good!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home