Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Yes, its been a while

The last couple of weeks has been hectic! I only have 5 weeks of the pregnancy left, and I feel like I've been wacked with a truck! My stomach still is giving me problems and morning sickness is back, so I haven't really had much desire to cook, let alone post!! However, now that spring is springing, I'm able to get some nice spring and summer ideas for foods, so likely there will be some more posts soon.

If you don't see anything some days, just assume I didn't have the energy and I will post when I can.

This posting will also have 2, as Biscuit Boy (my nephew) was here over the weekend and I let him help me make some Muffins for Breakfast. We had Peach Muffins!! We were going to make some chocolate chip ones, but I didn't have enough brown sugar for both types.

Also on here are some Asparagus Burgers. These ones are not vegan, but I will post the vegan recipe for them. I got this from the Cookbook Taste and See by Penny King.

Ingredients
1 1/2 C asparagus, chopped raw or steamed
1/2 C almonds blended to meal
1 C grated carrots
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 C thick nut or soy milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 C Oats or 1/2 C potato starch

Directions
Blend smooth milk, oats, onions, and seasonings.
Mix all ingredients together. Drop by tablespoonfuls on an oiled baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes on each side.

The Muffin Man and I both love these patties so when we get to have them, its a treat! They also taste good with a brown gravy on top, and make a great substitute for egg foo yung. The last time we had them, Mini Muffin wasn't sure about it, and wouldn't eat them. This was LAST year! So I thought maybe her taste buds have changed. NOPE! When I gave her some, she took a bite and said "this Yucky!" Well the rule in our house with new foods is you have to take two bites, because the second bite might not hit your tastebuds the same way. So she took the obligatory second bite, after a bit of arguement, and then proclaimed again, "This YUCKY!" Apparently, my veggie loving girl has her limits!!! Oh well, maybe next year! Until then, we'll still eat them and she will still have to try them.....even if its just a bite or two!

Looking forward to more spring type foods!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Susan Voisin said…

    Hi! I just read your comment on my blog about pets eating fruits and veggies, and I thought you might enjoy this video that I saw today of dogs eating cactus pears. This doesn't seem to unusual to me: my dog regularly begs for fruits and vegetables, and my cat, as you saw, loves cantaloupe, peaches, and any fleshy fruit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home