Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Spaghetti, how exciting....

Yes, last night we had spaghetti, plain old spaghetti. Well, not plain, I added TVP to the sauce, but still....

So, since I am sure you ALL know what spaghetti looks like, I'm posting a much delayed blog on my breakfast strudel. The Muffin Man loves the store bought toaster strudels. Yes, I linked it, but you don't have to bother going to the site, just trust me, they aren't all their price says the should be! Plus they are filled with sugar, yet Anti-Sugar Muffin Man adores them....

So, I figured, I can make strudel!! The more I thought about it, the more I thought of the Sound of Music (Raindrops on Roses and Crisp Apple Strudel).....no really, I think I can.

So I thought, and decided breakfast should be more than fruit and cream cheese. So I made a breakfast strudel! I followed my game plan for breakfast burritos, and made scrambled eggs, with gluten burger sausage, from the night before, crumbled in the egg, tator tots, and cheese. I also added sauteed onions and mushrooms. I then took phyllo dough, brushed it with olive oil, layered it three layers thick. I laid out my fillings along the LONG edge and wrapped two nice LONG studels. I baked it at 375 until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes.

Ok, this was so good, I have been craving it ever since....come to think of it, I have extra burgers from today.....mmmmmm

Ok, back to the blog, Mini Muffin wasn't so sure of the presentation, but she did enjoy her meal!! The Muffin Man ate his up, and by the end of breakfast, there wasn't a strudel to be seen! In both strudels total I only used about 3 eggs, half an onion, 5 mushrooms, about 25 tator tots. And six phyllo dough sheets.

This was definitely a repeatable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home