Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Monday, June 02, 2008

Oven Baked Fries, a great side!

Yes, its been a while. But that's because this picture was taken of a meal just before a camping trip. Which was followed closely by another camping trip the next weekend, where I got slightly hurt. I bruised my bottom. And that made it hard to sit and write this up.

So now I am writing this up for all of you.

Here we have a nice summer meal, great for a barbeque. A Vegan Burger, steamed corn (you could roast yours over coals if you'd like), and oven baked fries.

The Fries make a great compliment to many meals, and this version has very little fat. Plus they are seasoned by herbs. Thyme and Rosemary make a great combonation, or you could use what we do, which is your basic italian combo, basil, garlic, oregano, and paprika.

You will need:

1 potato, cut into strips or wedges.
Herbs, whatever you choose.
Non-Stick oil spray.
Salt to taste

Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray. Lay the potatoes out, in one layer. Sprinkle with herbs and salt. Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft and turning golden brown.

Enjoy!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had vegan burgers tonight. I can safely bet that your vegan burgers tasted much better than my vegan burgers!!!!! I finally splurged and boughT a fancy dancy brand of vegan burgers that I have wanted to try ever since I first saw them at Trader Joe's. Blah! Blagh! NA-A-AST-YYYYYY!!
    First time I ever got skunked at Trader Joe's! And if that wasn't bad enough, I bought TWO boxes of the nasty things!!!!!

    Any way, your dinner looks very appetizing. Having eaten at your place numerous times, I can safely say, you are my favorite cook!!! Even better than me own dear Mudder! Now that is saying something!

    Corn(y) Muffin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home