Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Spinach Pesto Portabellos

I didn't get a picture of mine. So I took this picture from the place I got the idea from.


Ingredients

* 1 portobello mushroom per person
* olive oil
* Freshly made pesto, or from a jar
* chunks of Cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheeses

Directions

Put the mushrooms on a foil lined cookie sheet and spoon the pesto onto the mushrooms leaving spaces for the cheeses. Chop the cheese into pieces and alternate between the pesto. Sprinkle the pine nuts over and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and melted.

Spinach Pesto

1/4 C Walnuts or Pine nuts
4 oz basil leaves
4 oz spinach leaves
Parmesan cheese (optional)
Olive Oil
Garlic Salt to taste

Layer nuts, basil and spinach, and oil in a blender, processor or magic bullet. Puree. Mix in cheese and salt to taste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home