Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Bagel Melt

I had the presence of mind today at lunch, to take a picture of my infamous Bagel Melt sandwich. Good thing, as we ended up being out at supper time and just stopped to get a bite to eat at Special Thai. My Bagel Melt sandwich is pretty easy. A professor at college taught me how to make them...kinda had to since I worked in the College Deli at the cafe and if he wanted me to make it he had to teach me first! Basically you take a piece of vege lunchmeat and put onions, mushrooms, and olives on it. You then add a slice of cheese and melt the cheese on top. You toast the bagel, put cream cheese on one side, and mayo on the other. Top the cream cheese side with cucumbers and sprouts (or lettuce if you are fresh out of sprouts, like we were). Put the melted concoction on top, and close 'er up!

MMMM
Mini Muffin didn't have a Melt because her mouth is too little, so I made her a half of bagel and wham sandwich, with a side of cucumbers. She not only ate all of that, but also finished off a half of a pear and a half of an orange! The rest of the family happily ate their Melts and some fruit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home