Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Pizza! At least its different, sorta!

Pizza, at least in our home, is a relatively healthy meal. Which is why we eat it so much. Very little cheese for all the bread and veggies on it! Tonight I made an herbed crust, with oregano, garlic, thyme, and rubbed rosemary. The veggies are zucchini, onion, mushrooms and broccoli. I used about 1 zucchini, one onion, 5 mushrooms and a crown of broccoli!

Verdict: This pizza was so good, DH and I just sat and ate in silence and bliss. Well, mostly silence, interrupted by yumms and MMMS. I am totally serious. I used to say that the best pizza I'd had was in Jerusalem. I can no longer say that! I have to do this again! Mini Muffin didn't eat much, just a few bites because she loves pizza as well. Why? Well DH went to take care of our friends fishtank at their restaurant, and found ick. While he came home to get the medicine for the fishtank, our friend set to work making Pad Thai with Yakisoba noodles for us. Mini Muffin had a lot of that as it was ready to eat before the pizza. So when us adults set to work on the pizza (after eating Thai Food), she wasn't hungry anymore. But she had to have her obligatory bites!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger mindy said…

    that looks really good, do you make your own dough??

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    Yes I do. I started making my own dough several years ago and discovered it wasn't hard at all. I take 1 1/2 C warm water, 2 tsp yeast, 1 tsp salt, and 1 Tbl of oil and mix it together with 4 1/2 C of flour. When I add herbs I just get creative and put different amounts of different ones in. Sometimes I remember to use whole wheat pastry flour for half the flour, but yesterday I forgot.

    I hope that helps.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home