Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Last Night

Last night, I was tired. I fell asleep at about 8:30. BUT, my mom had surgery today, so she wanted to go out for one last hurrah before getting teeth work done. We went to a restaurant called Boppin Bo's. It’s a 50's style burger joint with great food and great malts! They even name their foods after people in the 50's. We had to decide on what to eat between things like a Bodacious Burger, or The Ricky Ricardo sandwich. I had a Psychedelic burger (garden burger), which is grilled mushrooms with Swiss cheese. DH had a Farmer's Daughter (garden burger), which is a healthy standard burger. My mom had The Lucy Sandwich, three types of cheeses melted together. She had them put a tomato in it as well, probably to pretend she was eating healthy. We also had blackberry and strawberry malted shakes and unlimited Fonzy fries. See what I mean about the names!

Mini Muffin was so overwhelmed with the posters and pictures and toys and things on the walls that she ate some fries, a slice of tomato and had apple juice and that was about it. She fed her eyes more than her tummy! But it was yummy!

I'm sorry I don't have a picture...Blogspot is being a pain. I will get pics up for this post and the next one asap.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was NOT pretending to eat healthy!
    I like tomatoes on my grilled cheese sandwhiches!

    Besides, I was eating healthier than I could have. Remember that I was contemplating skipping dinner and just having one of their decadent desserts?!?!

    So at least I ate real food instead of rich cake and ice cream and hot fudge and whipped cream and, well you get the idea.

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger LadyRachelLynn said…

    LOL. Ok. You like tomatoes on your sandwiches. So do I!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home