Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Dry Corn Chowder

With a title like that, I bet you all are thinking, Wow, she finally messed a meal up big time! Well, um, no. Not quite! Sometimes I like corn chowder, and sometimes I don't want soup. So I made this up. I take potatos, frozen corn, and an onion, saute it together with herbs...and presto, the taste of corn chowder, no soup! Not there's anything wrong with soup, its just sometimes, you want to chew your food! We also had green beans as a additional vegetable.

Verdict: Mini Muffin took one look at her plate and said "Yumm Yumm". It was so cute. She loves potatoes, so she dug right in! Just as she was getting done eating, the neighbors came over to get their chairs we borrowed earlier. Mini Muffin's best friend took over the job of "feeding" Mini Muffin and managed to get a good amount of green beans and corn into her too! I guess it just takes the right movitavation to eat your veggies! DH said he enjoyed it and I know I did too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home